The Land Board is a governmental authority operating within the area of government of the Ministry of the Environment, which executes the authority of executive power and state supervision and applies the enforcement powers of the state on the bases and to the extent prescribed by law.
The authority represents the state in the performance of tasks.
In accordance with the Land Board’s articles of association, the Land Board’s areas of activity are:
1. maintaining the Land Cadastre and organising cadastral measuring;
2. directing, coordinating and controlling the execution of land reform;
3. performing spatial planning related tasks;
4. directing, organising and coordinating geoinformatics related activities;
5. directing, organising and coordinating activities in the area of spatial data infrastructure development;
6. the acquisition of other data of general importance and concerning topographical features, directing, organising and coordinating activities in this area;
7. directing, organising and coordinating cartography and photography related activities;
8. directing, organising and coordinating geodesy related activities;
9. managing the geodetic system;
10. managing the Address Data System;
11. organising geology based activity;
12. directing, organising and coordinating land valuation related activities;
13. land valuation and the granting of permits for land readjustment activities;
14. Within the limits of the powers granted to it, the use, disposal and possession of state lands within the area of government of the Ministry of the Environment, and the formation of a state land reserve;
15. Keeping account of the state lands under the administration of the Ministry of the Environment.
The Board also fulfils other tasks, which have been assigned to it by law, regulations and orders of the Government of the Republic, and the regulations and directives of the Minister of the Environment, as well as the tasks assigned by the Minister of the Environment or the Secretary General of the Ministry of the Environment.
Source: Land Board